- Free campus gym membership effective February 1, 2019
- Lower health care premium cost for the Great-West Life (GWL) Active Postdoctoral Fellows Benefit Plan (employer now covers 70% of the premium) effective May 1, 2019
- Improved health, vision and dental benefits associated to the Great-West Life (GWL) Active Postdoctoral Fellows Benefit Plan effective May 1, 2019
- Professional Development Fund effective May 1, 2018
- Tuition waiver for 1 semester class per academic year
- 8% salary increase over 4 years (2% effective May 1, 2018, 2% effective May 1, 2019, 2% effective May 1, 2020, 2% effective May 1, 2021)
- Salary floor increased to $34,200 effective May 1, 2018
Professional Development FundArticle 13.06 of the Collective Agreement between Carleton University and PSAC77000 provides for a Professional Development Fund (PDF) for Postdoctoral Fellows. In order to be eligible for the PDF, the postdoc fellow must be active (the postdoc contract has to be valid during the time of the avail of the PDF).
The Professional Development Fund (PDF) supports professional development activities of postdoctoral fellows at Carleton University that are otherwise not provided to them by their supervisor(s) at Carleton University. Examples of such professional development activities include travel, accommodation and registration fees for conferences related to professional development (e.g. teaching related conferences, grant writing workshops, ...). Original receipts must be supplied in all instances in order to obtain reimbursement. If your travel to a conference is by air, you must also provide your original boarding passes in order to obtain reimbursement.
The PDF is administered by the Joint Committee for the Administration of the Agreement (JCAA) that comprises members from the University and PSAC77000. The maximum amount that you may apply for and receive in a single year is $1500. The year is defined from May 1st of one calendar year to April 30th of the next calendar year. Note: the reimbursement can only take place after the expense has been incurred.
To apply for the PDF:
1) fill out the PDF application form explaining how the expenses are related to your professional development;
2) send by email the completed form to JCAA.PSAC77000@gmail.com . Do NOT email any receipts with the application form;
3) PSAC and the University will review your application and reply to you within 5 weeks. If approved, PSAC 77000 will email you the approved application form along with further instructions. Note: You may submit your application some months in advance to find out if you will be eligible for receiving the funds or not for a professional development opportunity of your choice.
4) Once all expenses related to the development activity has occurred, you will have to bring the approved application form along with the claimed expenses receipts to the Finance Department (301 Robertson Hall) for reimbursement.
For further information email JCAA.PSAC77000@gmail.com
PSAC 77000 Carleton University Tuition WaiverArticle 13.05 of the Collective Agreement between Carleton University and PSAC 77000 provides for a Tuition Waiver for postdoctoral fellows employed Carleton University for up to 0.5 credit courses at Carleton University per academic year. The academic year begins on September 1st of one calendar year and ends on August 31st of the following calendar year and is divided into three terms: Fall term (September-December), Winter term (January-April) and Summer term (May-August). The Tuition Waiver may be applied to courses at either the graduate or undergraduate level.
To apply for the Tuition Waiver, follow the procedure outlined below:
1) Choose a course you want to enroll in;
2) If you do not currently hold any kind of student status (most Postdoctoral Fellows do not have a student status, either full-time or part-time) then please contact by email the Registrar's Office in order to (a) request for a "Special Student" status and (b) indicate them the course in which you wish to register in. Their contact information is listed at https://carleton.ca/registrar/contact-us/ Note: There is a fee associated with this request.
3) After the Registrar's Office approves your "Special Student" status, they will send you instructions on how to register in the course on Carleton Central.
4) Once you have registered in the course, check the amount due to be paid on Carleton Central. The tuition waiver ONLY covers the fee for a 0.5 credit course. You will incur other related university dues listed in your account balance that you will have to pay out of your pocket.
5) Download, print and fill out the Postdoctoral Fellow Tuition Waiver form up to section C;
6) Bring the paper form to the Registrar’s Office at 300 Tory Building (open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) in order to obtain verification signature (section D) ;
7) Submit the completed paper form in person to Student Accounts, 301 Robertson Hall. Once the form has been received, a representative from Student Accounts will review the form to determine eligibility. The form will not be reviewed immediately. Student Accounts will make every effort to have the form assessed within 48 hours. In the event that the postdoc is denied, they will be notified via email.
Note that if you want to register in French language courses, you will be required to take the French Placement Test on Carleton Central.
For further information email JCAA.PSAC77000@gmail.com